Veterans Assistance Program in Laguna Woods, CA
Four Main Points of Aid and Attendance Eligibility:1. Military Service
- Veteran must have served 90 days of active duty with at least one day during period of war.
- Must have anything but dishonorable discharge.
- Claimant must currently need assistance from another person with daily living activities.
- Daily living activities can include eating, bathing, dressing, walking, and cognitive impairment.
- Claimant must currently be spending the majority of their income on care expenses.
- How much of their income they spend on care determines how much of the benefit they will receive; up to the maximum amount.
- The claimant’s assets must be below an amount determined by the VA.
- The amount of assets that a claimant is allowed to have is determined by their age and financial need.
What This Benefit Can do for You:
It allows you more financial flexibility when deciding on the most appropriate care for your needs.
- You can now afford more home care or the community of your choice.
- The benefit will be paid monthly and will never need to be paid back as long as you maintain eligibility.
- Like Social Security, this benefit is dependable and is paid directly to you by the United States Treasury.
- This benefit is also tax free.
Our Commitment To In-Home Care
Amada Senior Care is dedicated to enriching the lives of our clients by nurturing all aspects of their wellbeing, and ascertaining exactly which care scenario will suit them best and enable them to thrive. To us, caregiving is personal and rewarding. With a smile and a positive attitude we take care of life's essentials so you can feel relaxed, safe and secure.
At Amada we understand that caring for relatives can be rewarding but also stressful, time consuming and emotionally exhausting. It is difficult for families to juggle work, children and other obligations and still find time to properly care for an aging parent or loved one. Amada takes care of the caregiving so you can focus on just being a son, daughter of friend again.